- Hampton Inn and Suites on exit 2 in front of Sun River is now open.
- Terrible’s Herbst gas station is now under construction on exit 2.
- Joule Plaza- new development across the courthouse will feature multi use, commercial space, and luxury apartments. They are going to have a ground breaking event on April 4thfrom 12:30-1:30. This should be an awesome addition to downtown St George!
- Food Truck Park- this is in the works of becoming a reality that would be a BIG addition to downtown St. George http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2018/03/11/jcw-city-mulls-putting-food-truck-park-in-place-of-decrepit-homes-next-to-st-george-library/#.WqXEum5MGEc
- Vernon Worthern Park renovation is complete. Go check out the new toys at the park!
- Red Rock Auto Sales- next to 3 Amigos Market on Bluff St. Dirt is being moved and construction will begin soon.
- Morty’s Café- under construction on the corner of St. George Blvd. and 700 E. where the Maverick used to be. Will be completed this summer.
- Wingnutz has reopened in the The Outlets at Zion strip mall.
- Target is currently being remodeled and part of the renovation is a Starbucks inside. They are hoping to be finished sometime this month.
- Foothills Plaza- the last spaces have been filled. One of them is My Wireless Doctor which is a phone screen repair business. They are now open. The other is an Urgent Care and is currently under construction.
- Grapevine Crossing- Names can’t be disclosed yet but there are talks in progress of a grocery store that will anchor this development. More will be known in the next few months.
- Tag N’ Go is in the works of putting another location that will be right across from Costco. No start time has been determined yet, but will be happening soon.
- Cliff Rose Lodge & Gardens is currently being renovated into a 4 diamond resort that will feature upgrades to all the rooms, new suites, a spa, and a bigger restaurant. It’ll be the only 4 diamond resort in Springdale. Make sure you check it out!
Exit 2 (Sun River):
St. George area
Exit 4 (Bloomington):
- Desert Color- We finally got a name for the South Block community that is underway and there is so much to be excited about. A big shopping complex along with a sports complex, hotels, and 11,000 homes are on their way. Big Shots Golf Center (a mini Top Golf) was approved and will begin construction sometime this year. Paparazzi Accessories is building a new facility and dirt is already being moved for that. Homes are supposed to start in the next few months. For more details, give me a call.
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Now open!
- New Utah Visitor Information Center
Exit 6 (Bluff St.):
- Desert Hills Plaza- 20,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 54 townhomes across from Desert Hills High School. A gas station will go in on the corner as well. Construction is under way.
- Commerce Pointe- the newest development being created in town is now underway! Exit 6 will be getting a big retail development across from Black Bear Diner and McDonalds. Maverick is currently under construction on the corner and more is soon to come.
- My Place Suites- now under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
- Staybridge Hotel- under construction across from Furniture Row.
- Tru by Hilton- under construction across from Furniture Row also.
- Findlay car dealership- under construction.
- Guadalajara Grill- new upscale Mexican restaurant going into the old players building. Scheduled to open soon! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespectrum.com/amp/873067001
- Riverfront Medical Center- On Riverside Dr behind Cox Landing. Under Construction
- Tech Ridge- Dixie Tech School is finished and open. Busy Busy, Printer Logic, and Zonos are the 3 local tech companies leading the way with the city and will be the first companies up on the hill. There are rumors that there is a growing list of interested companies will follow suit. The first building is scheduled to be done in the spring of next year. As I get more information, I will continue to update as this is the absolute most exciting project for Southern Utah. http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2018/02/03/st-george-strikes-deal-tech-ridge/300797002/
- City View downtown development- officially broken ground! The first mixed-used retail/apartment complex and underground parking garage will be finished by late fall/early winter this year and then the second complex along with “The Advenire” hotel is slated to finish in the spring of 2019. More info here http://stgeorgenews.com/news/archive/2017/12/22/mgk-40-million-city-view-project-breaks-ground-in-heart-of-st-george/#.Wj2vFm5lCEc
- Green Gate Village- This plaza has been completely revived and it is such a cool downtown spot. Scout Cloth, Chef Alfredo, Twisted Silver, The Barber, and My Little Moon are now in business there.
- Sunset Blvd/Bluff St project- Bluff Street Corridor project schedule, map, and video of what it will look like. Buildings have already been bulldozed and is scheduled to start construction this winter and finish in winter of 2018- http://www.udot.utah.gov/bluffst/map-schedule
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Now OPEN.
Boulder Creek Crossing: Intersection of River Rd. and 1450 S by Summit
- Jamba Juice- Now OPEN in front of Lowe’s.
- Pieology- Now OPEN and it is absolutely worth the long line!
- Target- remodel is under construction and will be finished soon. Part of the remodel is a new Starbucks inside.
- Hospital- the $300 million extension is under construction and will be finished soon.
- Popeyes- now OPEN
- Stephen Henager’s College- under construction
- Pop Shop Drinks- In permitting process
- Big grocery store (like a Whole Foods)- in negotiating
- People’s Town and Country Bank- In permitting process
- 2 Insurance groups, financial investment group
- Bike store
- Running center
- Copy center
Dinosaur Crossing: Intersection of Riverside Dr. and Mall Dr
- Fiiz Drinks- OPEN
- Dominoes- OPEN
- Crimson Pharmacy- OPEN
- Hustle Sports Nutrition- OPEN
Red Cliffs Dr:
- Beans & Brews- now open!
- Orange Peel- now under construction.
- Stone Canyon Eye Care- under construction. Coming soon!
- ACE Hardware- construction is underway
- A new building just broke ground for more businesses to come!
- Across the street from here will be a lube center and tunnel car wash just west of the Maverick. The car wash construction is under way.
Sunset Blvd: Dixie State University:
- Promenade at Red Cliffs- Love your bath & body- new store next to Durangos. They have bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, candles, and pretty much anything else that women love. It’s now open!
- Red Cliffs Mall- H&M coming to the Red Cliffs Mall! This could be big news for the mall. Construction should be underway soon.
Washington City area
- Splash City Adventure Park- sign is up! Here is a link to see what it’s supposed to look like https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/water-park-a1.jpg
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. Under construction.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile is now OPEN and Brent’s Pharmacy is just about there!
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
- Official Strength and Athletics- now open! Personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Sienna Hills Commercial complex- Black Bear Diner is under construction and more businesses will follow suit. Stay tuned!
- Grapevine Crossing- new commercial retail complex in the works off exit 13 across the roundabout from Maverick. There hasn’t been any movement yet but there will be in the near future. It will be an “experience” type complex combining activities and businesses for an all-in-one place for families. There will be an amphitheater, park, and museum along with retail shops and restaurants. There is space for 7 sit-down restaurants and 7 drive-thrus, along with 137 tenant spaces.
- Mountain America Credit Union- now open!
- Simister Ortho and Riverside Dental- will break ground on a building next to Mountain America and Lin’s. No timeframe confirmed yet but this is great news for people out in the fields.
- The Fields at Mall Dr. commercial plaza- A new professional commercial plaza will be underway in the near future. It is directly north of Lin’s out in the fields. Stay tuned for updates!
- Crimson Intermediate, Middle School, and High School- under construction. Middle school and Intermediate schools will open fall of 2018, high school fall of 2019.
Santa Clara/Ivins area
Harmon’s Complex on Rachel Dr:
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Now open!
Kayenta Center for the Arts:
- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here kayentaart.com
Hurricane/La Verkin/Toquerville area
- LA Quinta Inn & Suites- now open!
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
- Wyndham hotel- will be going under construction south of the Farmers Market in La Verkin
- Canyon Ranch hotel- has been torn down and is being replaced with a Best Western in Springdale
- Marriott hotel- underway in Virgin with more development out there coming soon.
New multi-family apartments and townhomes complexes:
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments- Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes- Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. More info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
- Red Mountain Vistas- another luxury townhome complex down the street from Blackhawk Townhomes that will break ground in the next few months.
Residential Building Report
We have had 540 residential building permits pulled so far this year. We have a large number of lots being developed right now so we should be seeing more and more come available the next few months. Here is what was recorded in the month of March!
New residential subdivisions recorded in March (residential):
- Vistas at Entrada Ph 2
- Desert Cove Ph 1
- Ledges at St. George White Rocks Ph 5
- Moorland Park Ph 1
- Hoff Minor Subdivision
- Perry Ridge Subdivision
- Sun River St. George Ph 53
- Sun River Commons Ph 1
- Lofts at Green Valley Ph 1
- Westbrook Townhomes
- Estancia Ph 3
- Cottam Cove Ph 3
Author: Macrae Heppler