St. George Blvd:
- The Players Sports Grill building will be turned into Guadalajara Grill, an upscale Mexican restaurant.
- My Place hotel is now under construction soon right behind the Culver’s restaurant down by the Convention Center.
- Staybridge Hotel is now under construction across from Furniture Row.
- Tru by Hilton is now under construction across from Furniture Row also.
- A new Findlay car dealership is now under construction.
- Guadalajara Grill- new upscale Mexican restaurant going into the old players building. Scheduled to open around the end of this month! https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thespectrum.com/amp/873067001
- Café Sabor- 290 E. St. George Blvd (where Wagon Wheel used to be). Now OPEN.
- Comfort Suites Hotel- now OPEN.
Exit 2 (Sun River):
- Harmons fuel station- now OPEN.
Sunset Blvd:Exit 10:
- Desert Color- We finally got a name for the South Block community that is underway and there is so much to be excited about. A big shopping complex along with a sports complex, hotels, and 11,000 homes are on their way. Big Shots Golf Center (a mini Top Golf) was approved and will begin construction sometime this year. Paparazzi Accessories is building a new facility and dirt is already being moved for that. Homes are supposed to start in the next few months. For more details, give me a call.
- Kenworth Truck Sales Company- Land is purchased for a new 20,000 square ft. sales, parts, and service facility. No start date confirmed.
- Hampton Inn- 5 story, 120 room hotel. Under construction, expected to be open soon!
- New Utah Visitor Information Center- no start date confirmed but plan to be finished by the end of 2017.
3284 Deseret Dr:
- Taco Bell- on Red Cliffs Dr. down from Stadium 10. Under construction.
- New 15 acre development where St. George and Redlands RV Parks are currently along 1-15.
- Large hotel along with a bunch of businesses surrounding it behind the Chevron in front of Green Springs. In permitting process, but no start date confirmed.
- Pine View 10 Plaza- a new retail building with 2 spaces. T-Mobile is now OPEN and Brent’s Pharmacy is just about there!
- Splash City Adventure Park- sign is UP! Here is a link to see what it’s supposed to look like https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/water-park-a1.jpg
- Whole Juice Café- new restaurant open in the strip mall behind Texas Roadhouse, next to Subway at 2654 E. Red Cliffs Dr. #B. More info available here https://ordering.chownow.com/order/8479/locations?add_cn_ordering_class=true
Promenade at Red Cliffs:
- Official Strength and Athletics new location now OPEN- personal and athletic training for kids/adults of all ages. Located the industrial area south of Costco. More info here www.officialstrength.com
- Love your bath & body- new store next to Durangos. They have bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, candles, and pretty much anything else that women love. It’s now OPEN!
- Sienna Hills Commercial complex- Black Bear Diner is under construction and more businesses will follow suit. Stay tuned!
- Grapevine Crossing- new commercial retail complex in the works off exit 13 across the roundabout from Maverick. There hasn’t been any movement yet but there will be in the near future. It will be an “experience” type complex combining activities and businesses for an all-in-one place for families. There will be an amphitheater, park, and museum along with retail shops and restaurants. There is space for 7 sit-down restaurants and 7 drive-thrus, along with 137 tenant spaces.
- Crimson Ridge Middle School and High School- under construction. Middle school will open fall of 2018, high school fall of 2019.
- Mountain America Credit Union- now open!
- The Fields at Mall Dr.- A new professional commercial plaza that just recorded with the county will be underway in the near future. It is directly north of Lin’s out in the fields. Stay tuned for updates!
- Little Caesars- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Under construction.
- Café Rio- part of the new Harmon’s complex in Santa Clara. Now OPEN!
- The Difiore Center for Arts and Education. Under construction.
- Mountain America in Santa Clara is under construction.
- Kayenta Center for the Arts- state-of-the-art facility located in Kayenta Village is now OPEN and will present plays, musicals, dance programs, concerts, visual arts exhibitions, lectures, and other events. More info available here kayentaart.com
- Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane- on schedule to finish sometime in 2018.
- Clarion Inn & Suites- along the Highway right before the dip into Hurricane. Under construction now.
- La Verkin- A Wyndham hotel will be going under construction south of the Farmers Market
- Springdale- Canyon Ranch hotel has been torn down and is being replaced with a Best Western
- Virgin- There is a Marriott hotel underway and more development out there coming soon.
- Gray Hawk Apartment Complex- 240 units in Washington Fields behind the new Smith’s. Construction is under way. More info at live-grayhawk.com
- Legacy Ridge Apartments- Under construction. Next to Rebel Creek off Foremaster and Riverside Dr.
- Fossil Hills Townhome Community- townhome complex underway on South River Road just over the bridge from the Knolls/Little Valley next to the Dixie Power station. Under construction.
- Blackhawk Townhomes- Luxury complex in Santa Clara that is in the process of being built out. more info available here http://www.blackhawktownhomessc.com/
This year started out with 116 new building permits last month. There is a large number of lots being developed right so we should be seeing more and more come available the next few months. Here is what was recorded in the month of January, including commercial developments.
New subdivisions recorded in November (residential and commercial):
- BGG Commercial Subdivsion
- Snow Canyon Estates Ph 2
- Entrada at Snow Canyon Chaco West Ph 5
- MWE St. George Medical Properties
- Rosewood Estates Ph 2 & 3
- Villa Highlands at Hidden Valley Ph 2
- Villas at Green Spring Ph 1
- Posovi Subdivision Ph 2-G
- Stone Cliff Ph 15
Amended subdivisions recorded in November (residential and commercial):
- Palisades at Snow Canyon PH 1 & 2 AMD
- Paradise Village at Zion Ph 2 & 6 2nd AMD
- Compagno Crossing AMD
- Zion Park Holdings Commercial Subdivision AMD
- Almond Heights Subdivision 3rd AMD
Author - Macrae Heppler